Photobucket ~ Photobucket

8/04/2008

Waiting for Daddy


To sum things up, William works about 30 miles away from home. He'll leave Friday morning for basketball and not be back till Monday after the other basketball practice. He works the swing shift and because gas is so very pricey and how the traffic is through the pass, he stays with his parents during the weekend.
So the kidlets helped me this weekend to get the house back in order. I offered to get a new game as a reward / thank you. You know, something special right. Then it was brought up about going to Archabald's for lunch and playing on the playground. Great Idea! Dylan brought up bringing Daddy too. I reminded them how daddy wouldn't be home till Monday afternoon and gave them the option to either wait till Monday for Dad to get home so he can join us, or we could go now. It was unanimous...They wanted their dad to come along!
This afternoon the kiddos anxiously waited for their dad to get home so they could share their reward and time with him. This was taken as they waited! I tell you these 3 never cease to amaze me! Moments like these are what I live for!

3 comments:

McKenna said...

That is so sweet you really have good kids! I love this picture it is so cute.

Natalie said...

Such a cute picture!! I love it.

What a hard thing to have your spouse gone for several days at a time on a regular basis. Hats off to you, Jennifer. I know it is hard and you are obviously doing a wonderful job.

Great blog. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
Love your page.
~Aunt Sherri